ISTE standards for digital age learners

The International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) is home to a passionate community of global educators who believe in the power of technology to transform teaching and learning. ISTE standards guide educators and students to grow and thrive in a digital era. www.iste.org is a great learning and networking resource for all educators. 

Open, analyze, and bookmark the ISTE standards for teachers and students.

  • ISTE Standards for Students emphasize the skills and qualities we want for students, enabling them to engage and thrive in a connected, digital world. 

  • ISTE Standards for Educators define the new skills, and pedagogical insights educators need to teach, work, and learn in the digital age. Bookmark these standards; we will return to them throughout the course.

Download the "I am a Digital Age Learner" poster that breaks down the standard for students in a nice concept map. Print it if possible and place it in your workspace. It should guide your future decisions when creating projects for your students. It could also be an excellent yardstick for your competency. 

Bookmark (Pin ) for future reference: Technology transforms learning experiences for students with all abilities. This  Assistive Technology Supports website provides information on leading frameworks, support systems, and resources relating to Assistive Technology.

"ISTE standards - What's in it for me? " - Your guide to analyzing the standards.

  • What are ISTE standards?
  • Why do we have them?
  • From what perspective are the standards written?
  • What vocabulary from the standards do I find most useful for my professional development? Can I add them to my professional language
  • Can standards enhance teacher or student performance? How so?
  • Can I see the connection between ISTE standards and what is happening in my classroom?
  • Am I a digital-age learner?
I am a digital learner poster

 




Comments